Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Immigration applicants
Travelling to Canada: health check and quarantine
If you’re travelling by air, you need to follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’re allowed to board your flight. Anyone who shows symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter Canada by air.
When you arrive in Canada, we’ll assess your health before you leave the port of entry. You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada. This is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada.
Only people who provide essential services, for example, truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.
- Apply for Canadian citizenship
- Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Application
- Canada announces immigration measures supporting Hong Kong residents and Canadians in Hong Kong
- Canada aims to bring in over 1.2 million immigrants over 3 years
- Government of Canada announces details for opening of 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program