Your abilities and experience could make a valuable addition in preparing your Work Permit in Canada.
An employment authorisation is a lawful document which allows an international worker to work professionally in Canada. With certain exceptions, most international temporary operators need this certificate to work. A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) might also be needed to enter Canada based of your country or residency or citizenship.
- Open Work Permit
- Employer Specific Work Permit
- Candidate must be able to confirm that he/she will leave the country after his/her work permit expires.
- Should not work for any companies who have neglected to comply with the employment standards or companies who engage in sex trade such as strip clubs, escort services, or erotic massage salons.
- You must take your security and history check done and submit your police allowance certificate.
- You must get your medical check done.
- You should have enough money required to support yourself and your family members for the whole stay in Canada.
If Applying from Outside Canada: As per your country of residence or origin, you can apply for the work license through your visa office outside Canada. They can guide you on the documentation, payment and procedure. You also require to get your police approval certificate declared from your office and medical examination administered by a nominated medical officer.
If Applying from Inside Canada: You are qualified to request for a work permission while you are in Canada if:
- You or your spouse are currently residing in Canada on a valid study or employment permission.
- You are graduated from a selected educational institution in Canada. You are qualified for a Post-Graduate Work Permit.
- You have applied for your continual residency and remaining for a judgment to be made. You can apply for a Bridging Open Work License.
- You have requested for a refugee situation inside Canada and are expecting for a definitive judgment, or when you have been allowed the status of a law refugee or a guarded person.
A work authorisation can be given when you arrive into Canada if you belong to a visa-exempt country with a legitimate medical record or if you are likely to apply for an open work license.
- Permanent residence applicants who have applied to an office in Canada,
- Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants,
- Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students,
- Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members,
- Some temporary resident permit holders, or
- Some young workers participating in special programs.
In all of these conditions, you must satisfy additional measures to be eligible.
Eligibility: To find out your qualification to apply for a work authorization, specific conditions need to be satisfied. There are some common ability criteria and some depends on the place where you are applying for the work authorization from.